Compound fertilizers are stable if handled properly
Prolonged contact with the skin or eyes can cause irritation. In case of large inhalation product dust can cause irritation of the respiratory tracts. In the case of fire, the product can breakdown at a high temperature releasing toxic gases. Avoid pressurization and rise in temperature
Respiratory protection: Possibly protective mask
Handling protection: Gloves
Eye protection: Safety glasses
Wash hands after working with compound fertilizers. Under no circumstances drink, eat or smoke while handling fertilizers.
|Environment||Large scale or repeated discharge of the product into stagnant water can cause eutrophication|
Handling Spillages –Apply recommended rates. Scrape up all spilled product with a shovel and put it in a container, it can always be used if the product is not contaminated.
Clean up affected area. Does not discharge the recovered product as is into the Environment, take appropriate measures to dispose it in line with applicable legislation.
Store products in a cool place, in a well-ventilated place. Avoid all contamination by combustible materials. The product in bulk must be covered to avoid moisture ingress. Avoid high temperatures since product may decompose prodcucing toxic gases
The product is stable under normal storage conditions of use.
Avoid Alkalines or strong acids, oils, reducing agents or catalysts (metallic powder, copper, zinc, and their alloys).
|Safety||May explode by detonation, under heat or shock
Contact with skin may cause skin irritation.
Inhalation of dust may produce irritation, burning, sneezing and coughing. Long term exposure may cause headache, nausea or weakness.
Material will not burn, but thermal decomposition may result in flammable/toxic gases being
||Eye contact: Immediately flush eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes, keeping eyelids open.
Minor Skin contact: Wash contaminated skin with soap and water. Cover dry or irritated skin with a good quality skin lotion.
Minor inhalation Loosen tight clothing. Allow affected persons to rest in a well ventilated area.
Sever e inhalation: In emergency situations use proper respiratory protection to evacuate affected individuals to a safe area as soon as possible. Loosen tight clothing around the person’s neck and waist. Oxygen may be administered if breathing is difficult. If the person is not breathing, perform artificial respiration. Obtain immediate medical attention.
Slight ingestion: If conscious, have person drink several glasses of water or milk and induce vomiting. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Lower the head so that the vomit will not reenter the mouth and throat. Obtain medical attention.
If irritation persists, seek medical attention.
|Environment||Product will promote eutrophication if released into water bodies. Nitrate in potable drinking water should be maintained below10mg/L.||Handling Spillages – Aquatic/Marine Toxicity: Will release ammonium ions. Ammonia is a toxic hazard to fish. Avoid spills or release to watercourses. Allow 2 – 4 days to pass after application before returning livestock to pasture.|
|Quality||Absorbs moisture from the air. Store in a dry, cool and well ventilated area. Keep away from food, drink and animal feeds. Keep away from combustible materials. Keep away from incompatible materials. Do not blend or store in contact with urea. Dry urea and dry ammonium nitrate will react together to produce a slurry.||The product is stable under normal storage conditions of use. Avoid Alkalines or strong acids, oils, reducing agents or catalysts (metallic powder, copper, zinc, and their alloys).|